Saturday, December 10, 2011

Urban Decay Naked vs. Naked2, including Swatches!

     I loved the first Urban Decay Naked palette so much that when Urban Decay released it's much anticipated sequel, the Naked2, I had to get it right away! I thought it would be a good idea to post a comparison video and swatches to make it easier for people to check out the two palettes.  Maybe you already own the first palette and are trying to decide whether or not you want or need the second. Maybe you don't own either palette and are looking for help in selecting which palette would be best for you. Maybe you want to give someone the palette for a gift and need help figuring out which one to purchase (either palette would make a great gift!). Below is the video I made comparing the two palettes, followed by some swatches to help you get a better idea of the colors.








Swatches from the first Naked Palette:
 

Swatches from the new Naked2 Palette:

*(Original) Naked: 
-Beautiful brown velvet case with gold lettering and a magnetic closure
-Price: $48
-Comes with a travel size Eyeshadow Primer Potion from Urban Decay and a single-sided eyeshadow brush (the original release of this palette included a double-sided eyeliner instead of the brush).
-Contains a shimmery black shadow called Creep.
-The shades in this palette seem to be "warmer" shades. 

*Naked2:
-Sleek tan metal case with a snap closure
-Price: $50
-Comes with a travel size Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked from Urban Decay and a double-ended eyeshadow brush. 
-Contains a matte black shadow called Blackout.
-The shades in this palette are of the "cooler" variety.

*Both Naked Palettes:
-Include 12 eyeshadows containing both shimmer and matte shades of neutral colors.
-Both palettes contain different eyeshadows with the exception of Half-Baked (a gorgeous gold color that is featured in both palettes).
-Both palettes are a great value. 12 eyeshadows (plus the brushes/travel size items) for around $50 is a pretty good deal. 
-The shadows in both palettes are not only very versatile, but are also well-pigmented, blendable, and long-lasting. 

*If I Had to Pick One? 
     That's really hard to say because I truly love both palettes and personally, I find them both essential to my collection (I told you I was addicted to makeup). However, if I didn't have either and was to receive one as a gift, I would have to go with the original Naked palette (but I'm a little biased as I've had more time to play around with the original). 

Hope this review of both palettes helps you out! 
Getting NAKED  with UD Forever,
JSho

1 comment: